Sierra-Olympic Technologies is looking for a Manufacturing Production Technician. This position covers a wide range of duties related to building, testing and inspecting products and prototypes. Ideal candidates will be heavily detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Sierra-Olympic Technologies offers advanced infrared imaging components and technologies for commercial, military, government, and OEM customers. We support products from the industry’s leading manufacturers and technology developers, with a consistent dedication to quality and expert service in advanced focal plane array technologies. We specialize in providing system solutions for users of infrared camera systems. Our services and products include optics, infrared camera components, and digital storage and image processing systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Builds, tests and inspects products/or prototypes.
- Follow established instructions and build procedures in addition to establishing new practices to meet product specifications.
- Interpret mechanical drawings and schematics as needed.
- Operate electrical and mechanical test equipment.
- Test electro-mechanical products, sub-assemblies and prototypes.
- Examine parts and other materials for defects or other quality issues prior to use.
- Complete production work orders, checklists and other forms accurately and completely within deadlines.
- Troubleshoot problems with equipment, devices, or products.
- Maintain inventory of job materials.
- Schedule lab equipment use with other employees.
- Report issues with products, parts and equipment in a timely manner.
- Participate in production focused improvement projects.
- Understand, follow and contribute actively to the improvement of relevant procedures and other processes.
- Assist Manager in developing manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Minimum; 2-year Associates Degree in Electro-Mechanical Technology or similar discipline.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high product quality.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Position starts at $25/hr or DOE. Eligible for benefits package after 30 days of employment and 401k after 6 months.
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org