Send resume and/or letter of interest to: Bill Vawter, Vice President of Engineering: firstname.lastname@example.org
The System Engineer contributes to the development of new products by carrying out key portions of product development plans, working with project managers and engineering team members to meet product requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of system concepts of operation
- Perform subsystem requirements definition and analysis
- Define interface protocols and standards
- Define subsystem verification methodologies
- Identify and provide input to technical risk analysis
- Determine and execute verification and validation activities
- Work with project managers and other members of the engineering team to execute assigned product development deliverables
- Research and validate manufacturing and assembly methods to ensure successful product transition to manufacturing
- Prepare and present technical reports for system design, verification, validation, and other technical reviews as required
- Enhance product quality by promoting design for usability and manufacturability
- Obtain/maintain a high level of professional and technical proficiency via appropriate continuing education opportunities
- Carry out duties in a manner consistent with Sierra-Olympic’s values
- BS/MS in Engineering, Systems Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven experience developing and fielding optical systems
- BS/MS or other degree in Optical Engineering
- Experience developing airborne optical systems
- Experience with complex SWIR, MWIR and LWIR optical systems, design concepts and testing methods.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. The statements should not be seen as a complete list of all responsibilities, and duties. There may be additional duties outside the normal responsibilities to be performed as needed.