Send resume and/or letter of interest to: Bill Vawter, Vice President of Engineering: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Technical Support Specialist provides technical support for Sierra-Olympic Technologies products by interacting with customers, suppliers, and internal team members and fielding customer calls about technical issues. Additionally, the Technical Support Technician troubleshoots and diagnoses problems, researches root causes, applies solutions, and runs tests to ensure that specific issues have been resolved. When remote problem resolution is not successful or is not practical, the Technical Support Technician works with customers to arrange product returns.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for products by working with customers, the Technical Support Engineer, and other co-workers to isolate and resolve problems.
- Provide “voice of the customer” feedback on technical issues as input to Sierra-Olympic’s product and process improvement efforts
- Complete phone, web, or email based technical diagnostics, asking customers targeted questions to quickly get to the root of their issues
- Track issues through to resolution, ensuring that all issues and their solutions are properly documented
- Follow procedures for escalation of unresolved issues to appropriate internal resources
- Support development of new products with input on serviceability requirements
- Manage follow-up tasks such as RMA communication and follow-up on cases requiring additional information
- Support other product development activities as required
- Maintain a positive, respectful, customer-forward attitude in all interactions.
- Carry out duties in a manner consistent with Sierra-Olympic’s values
- AS/ASEET or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve complex technical issue
- BS/BSEET or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing infrared camera systems
- Experience with Salesforce is highly advantageous
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. The statements should not be seen as a complete list of all responsibilities, and duties. There may be additional duties outside the normal responsibilities to be performed as needed.